Pinnacles Sunset Tour
Take part in the Pinnacles Sunset Tour. Explore one of Australia’s most intriguing natural wonders. Take in the beautiful wildflowers and learn about bush tucker and medicine. Visit the Pinnacles Desert and witness the incredible rock formations of Western Australia. Enjoy a picnic dinner while watching the sunset over the Indian Ocean. At night, use astronomy equipment to discover the stories behind the stars.
- Experience the beauty of the Pinnacles in Nambung National Park without the usual crowds from day tours.
- You can observe the sunset over the panoramic landscape of the Indian Ocean.
- Visitors can enjoy a pleasant walk along the Hangover Bay coast and
- Stargaze with our Telescope (conditions permitting)
- Experience the scenic vistas of the dunes from the Lancelin lookout.
- Learn about the Dreamtime and Aboriginal astronomy
- You can experience a locally sourced Australian picnic dinner under the outback stars.
Experience the natural beauty of the Pinnacles on our guided Day Tour, where you can marvel at the stunning landscapes and observe the local wildlife in this native wonderland.
If you’re looking for a break from city life, consider exploring some of Western Australia’s impressive natural wonders for a day.
After 1.5 hours from Perth, we stop at Lancelin’s lookout. It is home to the largest network of dunes in Western Australia. The snow-white dunes sharply contrast with the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean in the distance. We shake the sand out of our shoes. Then we travel to the Nilgen Nature Reserve. It is filled with abundant flora and fauna. We wander through a variety of wildflowers, including banksias, bottlebrushes, heath, grass trees, and kangaroo paws. They burst with life when in season. If the flowers are not visible, we go to Hangover Bay. There, you can dip your toes in the crystal-clear waters. You may also spot bottlenose dolphins and sea lions.
Visitors can journey to Nambung National Park to witness the Pinnacles desert at sunset. The Pinnacles, made of shells, date back millions of years to when the land was beneath the sea. It is recommended to explore the area at dusk when the crowds are gone and the limestone pillars rise out of the desert, creating a unique atmosphere. The colours changing over the rocks give it a lunar-like feel.
Guests can enjoy a picnic dinner with a glass of local wine while watching a spectacular light show of natural beauty beneath the sky. As night falls, there will be opportunities to observe the stars and planets in the sky. Guests can also listen to stories from the Aboriginal Dreamtime and gaze into the distant universe.
- Meals: Dinner
- Driving distance: 420km
- Walking distance: ~1km / 2km
*A moderate level of fitness is required to complete the walks. This tour departs throughout the year at different times to maximize the sunset experience, and as such, the itinerary stops may change slightly.
- Mandatory passenger details are required at the time of booking: dietary and contact phone number.
We will try to cater for most dietary needs and food allergies – passengers MUST notify the tour operator of any special dietary requirements or medical conditions at the time of booking.
- A moderate level of fitness is required to complete the walks.
- Not suitable for mobility-impaired travellers, wheelchairs, walkers or strollers. Child policy for six years old and over is unsuitable for infants or children five years old and under.
- Limited storage space on our vehicle, baggage kept to 1 x 5kg day bag per guest.
- Itineraries may vary to adapt to seasonal changes, and occasionally, sites in the parks close. As safety
is our top priority, we will plan accordingly to ensure our guests have the most fun and best
experience possible while on tour.
- We have implemented comprehensive hygiene measures and increased regular
sanitation for your safety. Face masks and hand sanitiser will be provided.
- All tours must be re-confirmed with the operator within seven days before departure on 03 9393 1333.
- Please notify the tour operator of any dietary requirements or medical conditions before departure.
- Private touring is available on request.
- Any meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Travel insurance is highly recommended
- Hotel transfers pre/post tour itinerary
- Personal expenses